- The need of more provinces for Federation or Division?
- Shouldn’t Punjab government be held responsible for the deaths due to consumption of poisonous cough syrup in Punjab?
- Is Delimitation without census alone in Karachi is fair with the people of Karachi?
- Extremist Religious Groups in Pakistan Justifies: "Attack on Malala Yousuf Zai is a Reaction of Drone-attacks"
- In Quaid’s Pakistan Independence is a Responsibility not a Privilege: Are you ready to play your part?
- Do you think that the recent statement of Mr. Altaf Hussain is an eye opener for the Pakistani Nation?
MQM Chicago Chapter organized a seminar to discuss the issue of the barring of voting rights of overseas Pakistanis and those with dual Nationality. A large number of community leaders, members of media and workers and office barriers also attended the seminar.
Addressing the attendees, the speakers stated that barring overseas Pakistanis from voting could badly affect the democratic system and discourage them from participating in fulfilling their rights as citizens of Pakistan. They also said that decisions like these are creating doubts regarding the nationalism and loyalties of overseas Pakistanis which should not a healthy sign for Pakistan. The participants of the meeting congratulated and thanked Leader and Founder of MQM Altaf Hussain for raising this issue on a national level.
Senior Community Leader Hameed Ullah Khan, Column Writer of Urdu Times Ehtesham Uddin Arshad, writer and Poet Anwar Ali Roomi, Political Community Activist Saddar Uddin Noorani and Column Writer Pakistan Abroad News paper Jawaid Riaz also attended and addressed the seminar.
It was decided unanimously by the participants of the meeting that an effort will be made to bring amendments in the constitution. They reaffirmed to always stand by the overseas Pakistanis to ensure the right to vote and contest in the elections.
The meeting was also attended by Central Organizer MQM USA Junaid Fahmi, Member COC Wakeel Jamali, MHC Sohail Shams, Advisory Committee Shamim Siddiqui, Chapter in-charge Adnan Siddiqui, office bearers, members and Mohammad Younus Vice Coordinator MQM international affair’s