- The need of more provinces for Federation or Division?
- Shouldn’t Punjab government be held responsible for the deaths due to consumption of poisonous cough syrup in Punjab?
- Is Delimitation without census alone in Karachi is fair with the people of Karachi?
- Extremist Religious Groups in Pakistan Justifies: "Attack on Malala Yousuf Zai is a Reaction of Drone-attacks"
- In Quaid’s Pakistan Independence is a Responsibility not a Privilege: Are you ready to play your part?
- Do you think that the recent statement of Mr. Altaf Hussain is an eye opener for the Pakistani Nation?
Thu, 08/09/2012 - 17:31
On this 66th Independence Day of Pakistan on 14th August 2012, let us prepare ourselves to discuss this theme and to commit ourselves at least one cause for the betterment of Pakistan no matter how small it is. MQM has a remarkable history of no compromises on Pakistan’s security, even during the worst days of operation cleanup in 1992 when more than 15000 workers of MQM were brutally murdered. Mr. Altaf Hussain always teaches the lessons of patriotism to his workers and instructs them to keep the prosperity and safety of Pakistan on top of their priorities. These are his unmatched efforts that a whole new generation of Pakistan has been nurtured with patriotism. Also, in the midst of the several crises, MQM always pointed out that the freedom is a journey not a destination. Today, as we are caught in a spiral of unprecedented devastated turmoil, we write to remind ourselves that independence is a responsibility not a privilege.
Our freedom may not be perfect, but it is a blessing we must cherish nonetheless. It is part of that responsibility to make the quality of that freedom better for each successive generation. We have not done a good job of meeting this responsibility but our morals are high to keep our journey continue. This year we face the additional responsibility to play our collective and/or individual part in bringing national harmony to this country. This responsibility is just one part of the greater responsibility that we must all remember on this day. This is a responsibility to make the experience of freedom for each subsequent generation more complete and more profound.
Please share with us what you will do this Independence Day as a part of your responsibility in bringing prosperity and strength to Pakistan.
Let us end with the song that has played on the pages of our minds each year on this day as we celebrate our patriotism. Indeed, YEH WATAN HAMARA HEY……………………….