- The need of more provinces for Federation or Division?
- Shouldn’t Punjab government be held responsible for the deaths due to consumption of poisonous cough syrup in Punjab?
- Is Delimitation without census alone in Karachi is fair with the people of Karachi?
- Extremist Religious Groups in Pakistan Justifies: "Attack on Malala Yousuf Zai is a Reaction of Drone-attacks"
- In Quaid’s Pakistan Independence is a Responsibility not a Privilege: Are you ready to play your part?
- Do you think that the recent statement of Mr. Altaf Hussain is an eye opener for the Pakistani Nation?
Conversation with office-bearers of Lahore zone and various districts in the Lahore zone Office
The Founder and Leader of Muttahida Quami Movement (MQM) Mr Altaf Hussain has said that the local government system is the real spirit of democracy and opposing this system is, in fact, opposing the democracy. He said this while talking to the office-bearers of Lahore Zone and various districts the Punjab in the office of the MQM Lahore zone.
Mr Hussain said that the opposition of various political parties on the introduction of the local government system in Sindh betrays that these political parties are not sincere in allowing the democracy to flourish for the solution of the problems being faced by the people at the grass roots level.
Mr Hussain declared that the MQM wanted the problems of the people to be solved at their doorstep and their public representatives should be easily accessible to them.
The office-bearers of the Lahore zone told Mr Hussain that the message of the MQM had spread to the levels of towns and tehsil and people belonging to the poor and middle classes were being attracted towards the MQM in large numbers.
Mr Hussain asked the office-bearers to make the women wing, the labour division and other wings of the MQM functional in the Punjab. He said that them to use their full potential in spreading the message of the party.
Mr Hussain was also informed about the setting up of a medical camp by the Khidmat-e-Khalq Foundation (KKF) at the annual gathering of the Christian community in Khanqah Dogran. He praised the effort and asked the office-bearers to continue with same zeal and energy.