- The need of more provinces for Federation or Division?
- Shouldn’t Punjab government be held responsible for the deaths due to consumption of poisonous cough syrup in Punjab?
- Is Delimitation without census alone in Karachi is fair with the people of Karachi?
- Extremist Religious Groups in Pakistan Justifies: "Attack on Malala Yousuf Zai is a Reaction of Drone-attacks"
- In Quaid’s Pakistan Independence is a Responsibility not a Privilege: Are you ready to play your part?
- Do you think that the recent statement of Mr. Altaf Hussain is an eye opener for the Pakistani Nation?
Elements involved in violence have bring Islam into disrepute and denigrated the Holy Prophet (PBUH) before the entire world
The Co-ordination Committee of Muttahida Quami Movement (MQM) has deplored violent protests, firing, vandalism of public and private properties and arson attacks on the occasion of Youm-i-Ishq-i-Rasool in Karachi, Peshawar, Lahore and various other cities of the country.
The Co-ordination Committee said that the sacrilegious film about the Holy Prophet (PBUH) is highly offensive to the Muslims and has hurt their religious sensibilities. It was decided to observe the Youm-i-Ishq-i-Rasool today in order to show our love for the Holy Prophet (PBUH), but the brazen manner in which police were attacked, gunshots were filed, police mobiles were torched, banks, shops, cinema houses and business centres were vandalized, public property was damaged and innocent people were killed negates the profession of love for the Holy Prophet (PBUH).
The Co-ordination Committee said that taking lives of innocent people, damaging public and private properties and setting them on fire could not be called the expression of love for the Holy Prophet (PBUH). Such shocking acts are in fact repugnant to his teachings and those who have perpetrated violence today have brought Islam into disrepute and have denigrated the Holy Prophet (PBUH) before the entire world.
The Co-ordination Committee demanded of President Asif Zardari, Prime Minister Raja Pervaiz Ashraf, and Federal Interior Minister Rehman Malik to take stern action against the elements that damaged public and private properties and set them on fire on the pretext of protests.
The Co-ordination Committee condoled with the families of the police personnel and other people who died in today’s violence and prayed Allah to shower His blessings of the departed souls.