- The need of more provinces for Federation or Division?
- Shouldn’t Punjab government be held responsible for the deaths due to consumption of poisonous cough syrup in Punjab?
- Is Delimitation without census alone in Karachi is fair with the people of Karachi?
- Extremist Religious Groups in Pakistan Justifies: "Attack on Malala Yousuf Zai is a Reaction of Drone-attacks"
- In Quaid’s Pakistan Independence is a Responsibility not a Privilege: Are you ready to play your part?
- Do you think that the recent statement of Mr. Altaf Hussain is an eye opener for the Pakistani Nation?
Communication & Media Cell - New York, 29th September 2012;
MQM Deputy Convener and Federal minister for Overseas Pakistanis, Dr Farooq Sattar met with the US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in New York.
Leaders of both countries discussed Pak-US relations, the challenges faced by Pakistan, security concerns and the overall situation in the region. Dr. Farooq Sattar apprised Secretary Clinton of the economic condition of Pakistan as well as the threats of terrorism and religious extremism. He reiterated that the world should recognize Pakistan’s sacrifices in the war against terrorism.
Dr. Farooq Sattar further said that to successfully deal with the menace of extremism and the threat of terrorism, it is vital to understand the core of these problems. He emphasized that, to combat the dangers of religious extremism and terrorism, it is important for the US to form an alliance with the people of Pakistan along with its government and focus on the welfare of common Pakistanis. This will go far to assuage the uncertainty and lack of trust that the people of Pakistan feel for the US.
Dr. Sattar said that US support in the cottage industry and energy sector along with health and education would help to improve the economic situation in Pakistan.
US Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, agreed fully with all the suggestions put forth by Dr. Farooq Sattar.