- The need of more provinces for Federation or Division?
- Shouldn’t Punjab government be held responsible for the deaths due to consumption of poisonous cough syrup in Punjab?
- Is Delimitation without census alone in Karachi is fair with the people of Karachi?
- Extremist Religious Groups in Pakistan Justifies: "Attack on Malala Yousuf Zai is a Reaction of Drone-attacks"
- In Quaid’s Pakistan Independence is a Responsibility not a Privilege: Are you ready to play your part?
- Do you think that the recent statement of Mr. Altaf Hussain is an eye opener for the Pakistani Nation?
Communication & Media Cell - New York, MQMUSA: 29 September, 2012;
US want democracy to take roots in Pakistan: Marc Grossman
A delegation lead by Dr. Farooq Sattar, Deputy Convener of MQM and Minister for Overseas Pakistanis met with the US Special envoy to Afghanistan and Pakistan Mr. Marc Grossman. The meeting took place at a local Hotel in New York where he was joined by Patron In-Chief of MQM North America Dr. Khalid Maqbool Siddiqui and Patron Mr. Ibad ur Rehman.
Economic condition of Pakistan, overall situation of the country and co-operation in the education sector were discussed in the meeting. It was agreed in the meeting that the relations between the two countries must be improved and strengthened on permanent basis. Mr. Grossman said that the US wanted the democracy to take roots in Pakistan as it was the key to solving all other problems facing the country. He paid rich tributes to Quaid-i-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah and said that the US respected the integrity and sovereignty of the Quaid’s Pakistan. Mr. Grossman commended the efforts being made by the MQM founder and leader Mr. Altaf Hussain for promoting sectarian and religious harmony and brotherhood in Pakistan. He thanked the arrival of the MQM delegation.
Speaking on the occasion Dr. Sattar said that the misunderstandings between Pakistan and US must be removed. He stressed upon the need for a joint strategy between the US and Pakistan for establishing peace in Pakistan. Dr Sattar said that the role of the US in the progress of Pakistan was highly praiseworthy and added that the US must continue to co-operate with Pakistan for helping it in solving its problems.