- The need of more provinces for Federation or Division?
- Shouldn’t Punjab government be held responsible for the deaths due to consumption of poisonous cough syrup in Punjab?
- Is Delimitation without census alone in Karachi is fair with the people of Karachi?
- Extremist Religious Groups in Pakistan Justifies: "Attack on Malala Yousuf Zai is a Reaction of Drone-attacks"
- In Quaid’s Pakistan Independence is a Responsibility not a Privilege: Are you ready to play your part?
- Do you think that the recent statement of Mr. Altaf Hussain is an eye opener for the Pakistani Nation?
America’s women, young and minorities back President – and he heralds victory via Twitter
Communication & Media Cell MQMUSA; Chicago, 7 Nov, 2012
Patron in-chief, Dr. Khalid Maqbool Siddiqui, Ibad Rehman Patron MQM North America, Junaid Fahmi Central Organizer and the members of the Central Organizing Committee have extended congratulations to President Barack Obama for re-election triumph.
President Obama won another four years in office, rising triumphant from a brutal campaign against his Republican foe, Mitt Romney, who failed to harvest the votes he needed in enough of the handful of swing states that was always going to decide this election.
Romney in a short concession speech wished the president well. "This is a time of great challenges for America and I pray the president will be successful in guiding the nation," said Romney, who thanked his running mate, Paul Ryan, his volunteers, his family and his wife. He urged an end to partisan bickering.
In a joint statement issued MQM leaders urged a re-elected President Barack Obama to play a leading role on issues from boosting the economy to climate change and relations with Pakistan as they congratulated him on his victory. They expressed the hope that the relationship between Pakistan and the US would continue to prosper during President Obama's new term in office.