The Pakistani Community at New York was carried away by the
mesmerizing speeches by Nazim-e-Karachi, Syed Mustafa Kamal and Nigran-e-Aala
MQM North America Dr. Khalid Maqbool Siddiqui at a reception in the honor of
Nazim-e-Karachi in New York Last Friday with a panoramic view of boating basin
at Worlds Fair Marina, Flushing, Queens. The central event, organized by MQM New
York and MQM New Jersey, although organized on a notice of a period of mere 5
days, unexpectedly stood out to be a mega success. The reception held at Iftar
Dinner started shortly after Maghrib prayers lasted until midnight and kept
engaged all the guests being all ears and eyes to the proceedings of the event.
While the reception was attended by The members of MQM USA Central Organizing Committee, Unit incharges Joint unit incharges and members unit committee of New York, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Virginia, Baltimore, S. Florida and other units of MQM USA it was also attended by intellectual, writes, poets, critics, political analysts, representatives of Pakistani political parties, doctors, engineers, attorneys, PhDs, staff from Pakistan Consulate at New York, TV Channels owners, TV anchors, and representatives of paper and print media from New York.
The political verbatim and flavor in the speech of Nigran-e-Aala, MQM North America, Dr. Khalid Maqbool Siddiqui not only touched the hearts of Haq Parast Community, it also knocked at the hearts of the opponents of MQM present at the reception. The speech of Nigran-e-Aala presented a vista of 60 years political history of Pakistan, challenges, discriminations, prevailing injustice, and voice of 98% oppressed people of Pakistan.
Before the address of Nazim-e-Karachi, the visual presentation of the development of Karachi in the form of a video “Karachi Rising” was showed to the guests at reception. When Nazim-e-Karachi came to address, it looked like he brought Karachi physically on his palms and fingers. Although the video Karachi Rising spoke itself about Karachi, and everyone was impressed, the deliberations and elaboration from the horse’s mouth made a big difference. The heart-gripping speech of Nazim-e-Karachi, which lasted for more than 100 minutes, was so engaging that when he finished nobody was ready to let him go from the dais. Nazim-e-Karachi presented, in his speech, the developments of Karachi in the last 2 years, proposed plans, and innovations about the city, its problems, solutions and strategies of the City Government for the development of Karachi.
After the end of the speeches section of the event, during the dinner, the Nazim-e-Karachi and Nigran-e-Aala remained surrounded by the guests and their questions and had photo shoots with the guests.
Highlight of the program
1. Mr. Tayab Hussain co-ordinater for this event & ex Central Organizer started the event.
2. Member central organizing committee, Kamal Zafar & Moeed Siddiqui especially came to New York for this event whereas rests of the members of central organizing committee, Arshad Hussain, Khalida Shuja Baji, & Mahfooz Hydari were also present.
3. Tilawat-e-Quran Pak by Khurshid Haq.
4. Miss Ahmed recited a “NAAT” (PBUH)
5. Dr. Anwar unit incharge New York hosted the event.
6. Arslan Siddiqui unit incharge New Jersey (Joint Host) welcomed the audiences
7. Central Organizer Ajaz Siddiqui thanked the Nazim-e-Karachi and all the participants of Pakistani community for their time to attend this event.
8. Zia-ul Haq incharge Sun Charity New York requested the audiences for their support to Sun Charity USA.
9. Incharge SUN Charity Moeed Siddiqui highlighted the details of KKF & its transformation into SUN Charity USA. He emphasized that SUN Charity is a highly organized, active and effective social organization, whose services are spread throughout Pakistan.
10. A video “Karachi Rising” regarding the development of Karachi was showed to the guests.
11. Nigran-e-Aala, MQM North America, Dr. Khalid Maqbool Siddiqui Mesmerized the audiences with his speech
12. Nazim-e-Karachi informed the audiences about the development work done & future strategies for the development of Karachi.
13. A Shield was presented to Nazim-e-Karachi on behalf of MQM USA by Ajaz Siddiqui Central Organizer
14. Dinner was served after the program.
15. In the end Central Organizer Ajaz Siddiqui & Joint Central Organizer Farhat Khan congratulates the local unit of New York & New Jersey and their team for arranging a gathering and for their dedication and hard work.
MQM USA’s Caretaker Dr. Khalid Maqbool Siddiqui, Central Organizer Ajaz Siddiqi, Joint Central Organizer Farhat Khan the central organizing committee have commended and admired all those who had participated in organizing of this event.